graphic
News > Deals
Avnet to acquire Marshall
June 28, 1999: 11:14 a.m. ET

Electronics component companies in cash-stock-debt deal worth $830M
graphic
graphic graphic
graphic
NEW YORK (CNNfn) - Avnet Inc. will acquire Marshall Industries for about $830 million in stock, cash and debt, the electronics component companies announced Monday.
     Phoenix-based Avnet said it will divide the stock and cash component of the deal equally, and will assume $160 million of El Monte, Calif.-based Marshall's debt.
     Both firms' boards of directors have approved the deal and, assuming they get the go-ahead from shareholders and regulators, the deal is expected to be completed in about three months.
     As part of its Marshall acquisition, Avnet will also get a 16 percent ownership interest in Eurotronics BV, a Netherlands-based electronic components distributor. Avnet is currently discussing buying the remaining 84 percent from Sonepar Electronique International.
     In mid-morning trading, Avnet (AVT) fell 2-3/16 to 45-5/8 while Marshall (MI) leapt 15-3-1/6 to 35-5/16. Back to top

  RELATED SITES

Avnet


Note: Pages will open in a new browser window
External sites are not endorsed by CNNmoney




graphic

Most stock quote data provided by BATS. Market indices are shown in real time, except for the DJIA, which is delayed by two minutes. All times are ET. Disclaimer.

Morningstar: © 2014 Morningstar, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Factset: FactSet Research Systems Inc. 2014. All rights reserved.

Chicago Mercantile Association: Certain market data is the property of Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc. and its licensors. All rights reserved.

Dow Jones: The Dow Jones branded indices are proprietary to and are calculated, distributed and marketed by DJI Opco, a subsidiary of S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC and have been licensed for use to S&P Opco, LLC and CNN. Standard & Poor's and S&P are registered trademarks of Standard & Poor’s Financial Services LLC and Dow Jones is a registered trademark of Dow Jones Trademark Holdings LLC. All content of the Dow Jones branded indices © S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC 2014 and/or its affiliates.

Most stock quote data provided by BATS. Market indices are shown in real time, except for the DJIA, which is delayed by two minutes. All times are ET. Disclaimer.

Morningstar: © 2014 Morningstar, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Factset: FactSet Research Systems Inc. 2014. All rights reserved.

Chicago Mercantile Association: Certain market data is the property of Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc. and its licensors. All rights reserved.

Dow Jones: The Dow Jones branded indices are proprietary to and are calculated, distributed and marketed by DJI Opco, a subsidiary of S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC and have been licensed for use to S&P Opco, LLC and CNN. Standard & Poor's and S&P are registered trademarks of Standard & Poor’s Financial Services LLC and Dow Jones is a registered trademark of Dow Jones Trademark Holdings LLC. All content of the Dow Jones branded indices © S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC 2014 and/or its affiliates.