Companies that provide health care benefits to their employees will face new regulations in 2014.
The result: You could could see richer health care benefits.
Next year's health care goodies...
• No annual or lifetime cap on what your plan pays out.
• Children with preexisting conditions can no longer be denied coverage.
• You must be allowed to sign up for your company plan within 90 days of being hired as a full-time worker.
• After you spend $6,350 in network for a single, $12,700 for a family, in 2014, care is covered in full in most cases.
• Access to state-based insurance exchanges, with the promise of more affordable insurance
Related: Your health plan: The next frontier
...And why you may not get them
Your employer, however, might escape some of the new Federal rules, at least for a while. Here's how:
|2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack|
|Fresh fast food strikes planned for Thursday|
|Ron Paul: Bitcoin could 'destroy the dollar'|
|China's central bank bans some Bitcoin transactions|
|Top 10 U.S. cities for Chinese homebuyers|
|Overnight Avg Rate||Latest||Change||Last Week|
|30 yr fixed||4.52%||4.38%|
|15 yr fixed||3.55%||3.42%|
|30 yr refi||4.51%||4.37%|
|15 yr refi||3.54%||3.41%|
Today's featured rates: