1. Media moves:21st Century Fox(FOXA) has sold its satellite TV operations in Italy and Germany to BSkyB(BSYBF), raising about $9 billion in cash as it stalks Time Warner(TWX).
2. Sanctions talk: EU ambassadors meet for a second day running to talk about how to escalate sanctions on Russia over Ukraine. A decision is not expected until next week. Russian stocks were down 1%, extending their losses for the year. German business confidence fell for a third month in a row as geopolitical tensions continued to take their toll.
Asian markets ended the week mixed. Japan's Nikkei and China's Shanghai Composite both rose about 1%. Stocks in Kuala Lumpur fell as investors remain cautious after a Malaysia Airlines flight crashed last week, leaving the airline's future in the balance.
3. Company earnings: AbbVie(ABBV) will report earnings before the opening bell. The pharmaceutical company announced last week that it will merge with a company based in the United Kingdom as a way to slash its tax bill.
4. Stock market movers -- Amazon, Yahoo, Facebook: Shares of Amazon(AMZN, Tech30) fell nearly 10% in premarket trading after the company posted a larger than expected loss. Yahoo(YHOO, Tech30) and Ebay(EBAY, Tech30) were also weaker. Facebook(FB, Tech30) gained nearly 0.7% after hitting an all-time high Thursday on bumper earnings.
5. Argentina default? Time is running out for Argentina to avoid defaulting on its debt as another attempt to broker a deal with bondholders failed Thursday.