July 4th shows: More than 400
Pyro Spectaculars has choreographed and shot the famed Macy's Fourth of July fireworks show 25 times, starting in 1981. This year's 25-minute display will have segments saluting Broadway shows and ragtime.
The pyrotechnics will be perform at a lower altitude, which plays better on high-definition television. Because of port closings in China earlier this year, Pyro Spectaculars President Jim Souza estimates his industry is facing a 20% product shortage.
- Digital tip jar coming to a coffee shop near you
- How immigrant entrepreneurs are making it
- Ex-con launches startup aimed at inmates
- Free startup advice from Silicon Valley's best, including Marissa Mayer, Marc Andreessen
- Why Atlanta is ripe for innovation
- I'm a legal immigrant, but not allowed to work