July 4th shows: 1,000
For 20 years, Zambelli has lit up Detroit's skies on July 4th. This year's 25-minute show, shot from three barges moored in the river, will introduce a fiery octopus and a red bull's-eye, in homage to the show's sponsor, the retailer Target.
Zambelli Fireworks Chairman George Zambelli Jr. says business is good, and his company should maintain the same profit it turns last year. Weddings and corporate events are growth segments, he says.
- Digital tip jar coming to a coffee shop near you
- How immigrant entrepreneurs are making it
- Ex-con launches startup aimed at inmates
- Free startup advice from Silicon Valley's best, including Marissa Mayer, Marc Andreessen
- Why Atlanta is ripe for innovation
- I'm a legal immigrant, but not allowed to work