Rise, ruin, redemption: That is the motif of the classic American novel. Fuller nails his with Abbeville and protagonist George Bailey, whose wonderful life gets flattened in the dot-com bust. Seeking answers, he returns home to explore his grandfather's ruinous Depression-era fall and subsequent rebirth. Vivid writing and colorful characters make this a trip you won't want to end.
- Digital tip jar coming to a coffee shop near you
- How immigrant entrepreneurs are making it
- Ex-con launches startup aimed at inmates
- Free startup advice from Silicon Valley's best, including Marissa Mayer, Marc Andreessen
- Why Atlanta is ripe for innovation
- I'm a legal immigrant, but not allowed to work