When the U.S. real estate market began cratering, scale-replica maker Real Model shifted its focus to a new and booming market: Dubai.
Developer: Dubai Properties
Location: Dubai, U.A.E.
A miniature city lives in Real Model CEO Edward Leftwich's office in Atlanta: The scale model for Mohammad bin Rashid Gardens, a planned 4,000-building mixed-use commercial and residential development in Dubai. While the U.S. market for ambitious real-estate ventures has cooled, the Gulf region is booming, and most of Real Model's work now focuses on the Middle East.
NEXT: From low-rise ...
- Digital tip jar coming to a coffee shop near you
- How immigrant entrepreneurs are making it
- Ex-con launches startup aimed at inmates
- Free startup advice from Silicon Valley's best, including Marissa Mayer, Marc Andreessen
- Why Atlanta is ripe for innovation
- I'm a legal immigrant, but not allowed to work