Cons: It could be a waste of time. VCs take only a handful of promising companies and will scrutinize your venture as thoroughly as banks will.
"Time for a sanity check," Siegel says. "Not everyone is a viable VC prospect. You're looking at some very expensive capital. They deal with higher-risk ventures, and so they deserve a higher reward." Be prepared to surrender partial ownership of your company if you score a deal.
- America's banks are really, really healthy
- Senate finally unveils secret health care bill
- 'Serious questions' raised about Kushner family conflicts
- Colbert to appear on late night talk show in Russia
- Why are White House briefings heard but not seen?
- 5 questions to ask before combining finances (or not)