Cons: It could be a waste of time. VCs take only a handful of promising companies and will scrutinize your venture as thoroughly as banks will.
"Time for a sanity check," Siegel says. "Not everyone is a viable VC prospect. You're looking at some very expensive capital. They deal with higher-risk ventures, and so they deserve a higher reward." Be prepared to surrender partial ownership of your company if you score a deal.
- Trying to lure Amazon, cities keep details secret
- How Amazon filled up Seattle's airport
- Target is coming to Vermont. Here's why it's a big deal
- 'Loud House' creator fired over harassment allegations
- Weinstein Co. staffers pen open letter about Harvey
- Blue Origin test fires game-changing rocket engine