Cons: It could be a waste of time. VCs take only a handful of promising companies and will scrutinize your venture as thoroughly as banks will.
"Time for a sanity check," Siegel says. "Not everyone is a viable VC prospect. You're looking at some very expensive capital. They deal with higher-risk ventures, and so they deserve a higher reward." Be prepared to surrender partial ownership of your company if you score a deal.
- Fed chair calls bitcoin 'highly speculative'
- Yellen: deficits could make it harder to fight recession
- Trump's 'giant' middle class tax cut is less than advertised
- John McCain to Trump: Lay off the 'fake news' claims
- Federal Reserve lifts rates again
- Navajo Nation sues Wells Fargo over 'predatory' practices