After a fire destroyed her manufacturing workshop, metal artist Wendy Stevens built a new business around her passion: creating steel handbags.
Wendy Stevens creates her bags by hand in her rebuilt Boyertown, Pa., studio. Pictured here is her metal-and-leather drop bag.
- Ex-con launches startup aimed at inmates
- Free startup advice from Silicon Valley's best, including Marissa Mayer, Marc Andreessen
- Why Atlanta is ripe for innovation
- I'm a legal immigrant, but not allowed to work
- 6 designers shaking up fashion
- Women have trouble asking for money -- and their businesses suffer