Our experts describe your colors as outdated. Dark is out, they say, which doesn't bode well for your forest green and maroon palate.
"It's drab," Martin says. "Try two or three colors that are livelier, and spruce it up with features such as buttons in the navigation."
Another big problem is the amount of blank space on the bottom and right of each page. A larger font and photos should help fill that space in, but another trick is to center everything horizontally. "That will even the amount of space on the left and the right and take away all the tension in the upper left," says Martin.
- Digital tip jar coming to a coffee shop near you
- How immigrant entrepreneurs are making it
- Ex-con launches startup aimed at inmates
- Free startup advice from Silicon Valley's best, including Marissa Mayer, Marc Andreessen
- Why Atlanta is ripe for innovation
- I'm a legal immigrant, but not allowed to work