Pat Coniglio is shuttering his photography business within the next month, after running Coniglio Studios for 42 years.
Coniglio says the down economy has been a catalyst for the closing, but admits that his business actually started trailing off years ago, when he didn't make the transition to digital photography. He's now planning to retire.
"For the past five years, it's been getting worse and worse, just one thing after another," he says. "And this is the worst economic crisis I've ever seen."
NEXT: Just off the starting blocks
- Digital tip jar coming to a coffee shop near you
- How immigrant entrepreneurs are making it
- Ex-con launches startup aimed at inmates
- Free startup advice from Silicon Valley's best, including Marissa Mayer, Marc Andreessen
- Why Atlanta is ripe for innovation
- I'm a legal immigrant, but not allowed to work