A piece-by-piece look at what goes into a bottle of "the world's most carbon-negative product": eco-friendly vodka.
Tru Organic Spirits, a "green" liquor brand, was unveiled last April by the husband and wife co-founders of Modern Spirits in Monrovia, Calif. So far Litty Mathew and Melkon Khosrovian have sold about 50,000 bottles of what they claim is "the world's most carbon-negative product." (Hmm. Ever been to a plant nursery?) But past the hype, there's also room for hope. Here's what goes into a bottle of Tru.
- Digital tip jar coming to a coffee shop near you
- How immigrant entrepreneurs are making it
- Ex-con launches startup aimed at inmates
- Free startup advice from Silicon Valley's best, including Marissa Mayer, Marc Andreessen
- Why Atlanta is ripe for innovation
- I'm a legal immigrant, but not allowed to work