In business you brand yourself every day in a million ways. The real question is whether your branding helps or hurts your bottom line.
Most entrepreneurs aren't naturally talented in all seven of these areas, and that's the reason a lot of businesses fail. But failure is a great teacher. Learn and you will earn.
Jay Goltz employs 110 people at Artists Frame Service, Chicago Art Source and Jayson Home & Garden, all based in Chicago. He is the author of The Street-Smart Entrepreneur (Addicus Books).
- Digital tip jar coming to a coffee shop near you
- How immigrant entrepreneurs are making it
- Ex-con launches startup aimed at inmates
- Free startup advice from Silicon Valley's best, including Marissa Mayer, Marc Andreessen
- Why Atlanta is ripe for innovation
- I'm a legal immigrant, but not allowed to work