The FSB 100 is filled with fast growers, but money managers picked these 5 small-caps as stocks with especially bright prospects.
"Anyone can see that this is the direction healthcare needs to be going," says Jeff Cardon, portfolio manager of Wasatch Small Cap Growth Fund, which holds the stock. "In ten years this will be a much bigger company."
The concept for the machines originated from R&D contracted by NASA, which needed a simple way to perform biochemical analyses in space labs. Abaxis also produces a similar instrument for use in veterinary offices, and earns additional revenue from supplying small plastic discs loaded with chemical reagents which must be replaced after each test.
NEXT: The Female Health Company (FHCO)
- Alternative lenders are hot -- especially among millennials
- Reddit cofounder: The next Google is one visa away from leaving U.S.
- Oprah-approved startup raises $6.25 million
- Cow farmers get high-tech tracking app
- Google Ventures: less Ubers, more health care
- 7 lifehacks to eliminate your holiday hassle