The FSB 100 is filled with fast growers, but money managers picked these 5 small-caps as stocks with especially bright prospects.
"Anyone can see that this is the direction healthcare needs to be going," says Jeff Cardon, portfolio manager of Wasatch Small Cap Growth Fund, which holds the stock. "In ten years this will be a much bigger company."
The concept for the machines originated from R&D contracted by NASA, which needed a simple way to perform biochemical analyses in space labs. Abaxis also produces a similar instrument for use in veterinary offices, and earns additional revenue from supplying small plastic discs loaded with chemical reagents which must be replaced after each test.
NEXT: The Female Health Company (FHCO)
- We asked for your Toys 'R' Us memories. Hundreds of you replied.
- The stunning downfall of Bear Stearns and its bridge-playing CEO
- 10 years after the financial crisis, have we learned anything?
- Despite record profits, banks are playing the victim
- Europe reveals long list of US exports it could hit
- Snapchat loses $800 million after Rihanna responds to offensive ad