The FSB 100 is filled with fast growers, but money managers picked these 5 small-caps as stocks with especially bright prospects.
"Anyone can see that this is the direction healthcare needs to be going," says Jeff Cardon, portfolio manager of Wasatch Small Cap Growth Fund, which holds the stock. "In ten years this will be a much bigger company."
The concept for the machines originated from R&D contracted by NASA, which needed a simple way to perform biochemical analyses in space labs. Abaxis also produces a similar instrument for use in veterinary offices, and earns additional revenue from supplying small plastic discs loaded with chemical reagents which must be replaced after each test.
NEXT: The Female Health Company (FHCO)
- China will 'significantly increase' purchases of US goods and services
- It's not just you: Everything really is getting more expensive
- Website flaw exposed real-time location for millions of cell phones, experts say
- How streaming has changed the way networks court advertisers
- Some news outlets want exemption from Facebook's new ad rules
- These are the only two owners of color in the NFL