U. S. Lime and Mineral (USLM)
This supplier of lime and limestone products used to manufacture concrete, fertilizer, paper and steel is positioned to profit as federal stimulus money pours into infrastructure rebuilding. Global demand for products from U. S. Lime and Mineral (No. 41) should climb for decades as China and India modernize, says Randy Bateman, portfolio manager of the Huntington Situs Fund, which focuses on small companies.
- Digital tip jar coming to a coffee shop near you
- How immigrant entrepreneurs are making it
- Ex-con launches startup aimed at inmates
- Free startup advice from Silicon Valley's best, including Marissa Mayer, Marc Andreessen
- Why Atlanta is ripe for innovation
- I'm a legal immigrant, but not allowed to work