The FSB 100 is filled with fast growers, but money managers picked these 5 small-caps as stocks with especially bright prospects.
"Anyone can see that this is the direction healthcare needs to be going," says Jeff Cardon, portfolio manager of Wasatch Small Cap Growth Fund, which holds the stock. "In ten years this will be a much bigger company."
The concept for the machines originated from R&D contracted by NASA, which needed a simple way to perform biochemical analyses in space labs. Abaxis also produces a similar instrument for use in veterinary offices, and earns additional revenue from supplying small plastic discs loaded with chemical reagents which must be replaced after each test.
NEXT: The Female Health Company (FHCO)
- Why companies are abandoning the NRA
- Why 3% is the scariest number for stocks
- Supreme Court to hear high-stakes Microsoft case testing email privacy
- Samsung Galaxy S9 is all about the camera
- 'Black Panther' roars past $700 million worldwide in week two
- As DACA debate continues, these Dreamers are saving lives