I'd be the last person to judge you, given that I spend a fortune on my Birkenstocks. But for that price tag I was expecting spectacular audio fidelity along with great noise canceling. The PXC 450 screened noise about as well as the Creative Aurvana. Despite its audiophile pedigree, though, I didn't notice any significant jump in sound quality when I played test recordings (Leonard Cohen, Bob Dylan and the Grateful Dead) through the Sennheiser.
Also, it was the bulkiest headset I tested, which was a deal breaker for me.
NEXT: JVC HA-NCX78
- Alternative lenders are hot -- especially among millennials
- Reddit cofounder: The next Google is one visa away from leaving U.S.
- Oprah-approved startup raises $6.25 million
- Cow farmers get high-tech tracking app
- Google Ventures: less Ubers, more health care
- 7 lifehacks to eliminate your holiday hassle