I'd be the last person to judge you, given that I spend a fortune on my Birkenstocks. But for that price tag I was expecting spectacular audio fidelity along with great noise canceling. The PXC 450 screened noise about as well as the Creative Aurvana. Despite its audiophile pedigree, though, I didn't notice any significant jump in sound quality when I played test recordings (Leonard Cohen, Bob Dylan and the Grateful Dead) through the Sennheiser.
Also, it was the bulkiest headset I tested, which was a deal breaker for me.
NEXT: JVC HA-NCX78
- Digital tip jar coming to a coffee shop near you
- How immigrant entrepreneurs are making it
- Ex-con launches startup aimed at inmates
- Free startup advice from Silicon Valley's best, including Marissa Mayer, Marc Andreessen
- Why Atlanta is ripe for innovation
- I'm a legal immigrant, but not allowed to work