Launching a family biz
Social Smoke started as a hookah reseller, but when its U.S. distributor went under, the company decided to source its products directly from overseas. Ali's brother and father, both engineers, quit jobs at Bell Helicopter to help run the new family business. Ali (in white shirt) turned control of the company over to his father, Sayyid (seated), who now serves as CEO. Ali's brother Abrahim (left) handles sales, while the clan's matriarch, Iman Enciso (center) manages the office. The youngest son, Mohammad, runs the warehouse.
- Facebook stock drops again. Is Wall Street overreacting?
- Fed expected to raise interest rates at Powell's debut
- Investors sue Facebook following data harvesting scandal
- At what point do more Netflix originals risk becoming too much?
- Watch: How your data makes Facebook billions
- Fox News analyst blasts network as 'propaganda machine' while announcing departure