What it offers: 48-hour sales of 30% to 80% off moderate- to high-end clothing, home goods and beauty products
Who's selling: Some 550 brands, including Botkier, Mauviel Copper, Rich & Skinny denim
Background: Founded in 2008 in Boston by Ben Fischman (CEO of Retail Convergence)
"We're probably the only company in America right now with three people to a cube," Fischman says, describing his busy Boston headquarters. "We're bursting at the seams."
Members: Just under 1 million
2008 revenues (8 months of operations): $30 million
Projected 2009 revenues: $120 million
- The places hardest hit by soaring gas prices
- America's cereal, soda and soup companies are in turmoil
- Gas prices are up 31% from last Memorial Day. Here's why
- The curious case of the White House official Trump says 'doesn't exist'
- So you want to be a sports agent? Here's what you should know
- How to make sure your Amazon Echo doesn't send secret recordings