What it offers: 48-hour sales of 30% to 80% off moderate- to high-end clothing, home goods and beauty products
Who's selling: Some 550 brands, including Botkier, Mauviel Copper, Rich & Skinny denim
Background: Founded in 2008 in Boston by Ben Fischman (CEO of Retail Convergence)
"We're probably the only company in America right now with three people to a cube," Fischman says, describing his busy Boston headquarters. "We're bursting at the seams."
Members: Just under 1 million
2008 revenues (8 months of operations): $30 million
Projected 2009 revenues: $120 million
- Airfare is finally getting cheaper
- 'Fight for 15' protesters at Republican debate: 'We can't afford essentials.'
- Dow is now down 1,451 points this year
- Crazily volatile oil spikes 12% in biggest gain since 2009
- Reality check: Trump's plan to bring jobs back
- Valentine's Day at White Castle: Not as bad as it sounds