NOT DRIVING A HYBRID? OTHER WAYS TO BEAT SOARING GAS PRICES.
(MONEY Magazine) – Do
• Tune Up Routine maintenance can improve gas mileage by as much as 4%.
• Blow Up Inflating your tires to proper levels can give you 3% better mileage.
• Clean Up Become 10% more gas efficient by replacing dirty air filters.
• Lighten Up Each extra 100 pounds of luggage can cut fuel economy by up to 2%.
• Double Up Reduce or combine short trips.
• Ease Up Avoid hard braking.
• Speed Up Fuel efficiency drops sharply at speeds over 60 miles per hour.
• Tighten Up Cheap motor oil can cut mileage. Stick with your manufacturer's preferred grade. --TARA KALWARSKI