TRAVEL PROMISES: THEY SOUND GOOD, RIGHT? BUT THERE'S OFTEN A CATCH.
(MONEY Magazine) – Nicer Airplane Bathrooms!
• PROMISE Song is adding hardwood-like floors, softer lighting, fancy soaps. Southwest has hydraulic toilet lids that don't slam and Corian counters.
• CATCH Song's 48-jet fleet won't be fully upgraded until fall. And just 13% of Southwest's planes--its new 737-700s--have the cool bathrooms.
Free Air Fare for Lost Bags!
• PROMISE If Independence Air loses your luggage, you'll get credit for a free flight.
• CATCH The credit is just for the leg of the trip on which your bags were lost.
• PROMISE If something goes wrong with a trip booked via Travelocity (a missed connection leaves you stranded at the airport, say), the online travel agent will try to make it right.
• CATCH Usually no refunds, just help solving the problem. --DONNA ROSATO