FCA US to Reveal New Ram Truck and Offer Multiple Exhibits and Driving Experiences at the 2016 Chicago Auto Show
CHICAGO, Feb. 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
- A new 2017 Ram truck to be revealed on Thursday, Feb. 11 and will be showcased alongside award-winning Ram 1500, 2500 and 3500 models
- All-new 2017 Chrysler Pacifica minivan, featuring unprecedented functionality and style, on display
- New 2016 Chrysler 200S and Chrysler 300S Alloy Editions debut at Chicago Auto Show
- Dodge and SRT models, including the record-setting 2016 Dodge Viper ACR, Charger and Challenger SRT Hellcat models, and the new 2016 Durango Citadel Anodized Platinum and Durango Limited Brass Monkey packages showcase performance, muscle and innovative engineering
- All-new 2017 Fiat 124 Spider delivers the ultimate Italian roadster experience
- Jeep® displays the new Cherokee Overland model, as well as celebrates the unparalleled history of the legendary Jeep brand with a full lineup of 75th Anniversary vehicles
- More than 130 Mopar products will showcase how FCA vehicles can be personalized
- Popular indoor driving experiences return, including Camp Jeep and Drive Chicago
- Pacifica Play Zone debuts in Chicago, lets parents and children interact with the features of the all-new 2017 Chrysler Pacifica
FCA US LLC will roll into the 2016 Chicago Auto Show, Feb. 13-21, with a variety of displays and driving experiences featuring Chrysler, Dodge, FIAT, Jeep® and Ram brand vehicles.
Ram Truck Brand
Chicago Auto Show attendees will be the first to see a new Ram truck, which will be introduced during the Chicago Auto Show media preview on Thursday, Feb. 11. The Ram Truck display will feature the latest award-winning Ram models, including the Ram 1500 Rebel, Ram Limited editions and Ram 1500 EcoDiesel.
The Ram Rebel brings one-of-a-kind off-road design to the full-size truck segment with unique design cues and can-do attitude backed by Ram Truck engineering. Equipped with factory lift, 33-inch tires, standard air suspension, skid plates, tow hooks and other off-road-ready features, the Ram 1500 Rebel appeals to the truck owner looking for a less-beaten path.
For truck buyers who want both luxury and performance, Ram's chart-topping Limited editions also will be on display. Available in Ram 1500, 2500 or 3500, the Ram Limited is the benchmark in truck opulence with the highest level of sophistication and attention to detail. Featuring premium materials, such as all-black, full-leather seating, real-wood interior components and unique badges, the Ram Limited is a "black-tie" luxury alternative to the popular southwestern-themed Ram Laramie Longhorn edition pickup.
The Ram Truck display also will feature the Ram 1500 EcoDiesel, with the best fuel economy of any full-size truck at 29 mpg. For those who require the highest levels of capability, the Ram 2500 will be on the show floor along with the Ram ProMaster, Ram ProMaster City and Ram Commercial's cargo vans.
Fresh from a highly successful debut at the 2016 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica reinvents the minivan segment with an unprecedented level of functionality, versatility, technology and bold styling. Re-engineered from the ground up on an all-new platform, the Pacifica delivers class-leading gasoline and hybrid powertrains to the minivan segment. With more than 100 available safety and security features, the all-new Uconnect Theater rear seat entertainment system, and a full array of comfort and convenience technologies, the Chrysler Pacifica is a no-compromises minivan ideally suited for today's families.
Debuting at the 2016 Chicago Auto Show, the 2016 Chrysler 200S and Chrysler 300S with Alloy Edition packages will be available this spring at dealerships nationwide. Adding to the 200S and 300S models' athletic styling, segment-exclusive technologies and driver-focused appointments, the new 200S and 300S Alloy Editions further the Chrysler brand's color and material leadership and Detroit-born style with trendsetting finishes that include Dark Bronze and Titanium.
Dodge and SRT Brands
Building upon their rich heritage of performance, muscle cars and innovative engineering, the Dodge and SRT performance brands will showcase the 707-horsepower Dodge Charger and Challenger SRT Hellcat cars, as well as the record-setting 2016 Dodge Viper ACR — the indisputable "ultimate street-legal race car" with more track records than any production car in the world, a total of 13 road course lap records as certified by the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA).
The Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat features the supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI® Hellcat V-8 engine that produces 707 horsepower and 650 lb.-ft. of torque, a top speed of 204 miles per hour and a National Hot Rod Association (NHRA)-certified, quarter-mile elapsed time of 11.0 seconds on stock Pirelli P Zero tires, making it the quickest, fastest and most powerful production sedan in the world, as well as the most capable and technologically advanced four-door muscle car in America. Also powered by the supercharged Hellcat engine, the Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat is the fastest, most powerful muscle car ever with a NHRA-certified quarter-mile elapsed time of 11.2 seconds with stock Pirelli P Zero tires. With drag radials, the quarter-mile run dropped to just 10.8 seconds.
Also on display, the new 2016 Dodge Durango Citadel Anodized Platinum and Durango Limited Brass Monkey Appearance Packages, Dodge Charger and Challenger Scat Packs, the Dodge Journey Crossroad, Dodge Dart and the Dodge Grand Caravan.
The FIAT brand will showcase the all-new 2017 Fiat 124 Spider, a revival of the iconic roadster that combines Italian style, performance and engaging driving dynamics. Paying homage to the original 124 Spider nearly 50 years after its introduction, the 2017 Fiat 124 Spider delivers the ultimate Italian roadster experience with driving excitement, technology and safety combined with iconic Italian design. The 124 Spider continues the expansion of the FIAT brand in North America and will arrive in FIAT studios this summer.
In addition, the FIAT brand display will feature several vehicles, including the 2016 Fiat 500X, which delivers the Italian design and engaging driving dynamics synonymous with the FIAT brand. The 500X offers an advanced all-wheel-drive system, functionality and a full array of safety, comfort and convenience features. The all-new crossover features two engine options, an available nine-speed transmission and an all-wheel-drive system with a disconnecting rear axle for improved fuel efficiency.
Showcasing its 75th Anniversary lineup of vehicles, the Jeep brand returns to the Chicago Auto Show with a full lineup of new and award-winning SUVs. To celebrate the unparalleled history of the legendary Jeep brand, all 75th Anniversary special-edition models feature Jeep-exclusive green exterior paint (Sarge Green, Recon Green or Jungle Green, depending on model), Low Gloss Bronze wheels, bronze and orange exterior accents, unique interiors, including exclusive seats with embossed 75th Anniversary logo or one-of-a-kind Ombre Mesh fabric, open-air freedom and a 75th Anniversary exterior badge.
The Jeep brand display will feature the newest luxury model for the brand, the Jeep Cherokee Overland, as well as the full lineup of Jeep vehicles.
More than 130 Mopar products will be showcased at the Chicago Auto Show giving attendees insight on how FCA US vehicles can be personalized. Mopar-modified vehicles include:
- Chrysler 200 S Mopar, which gives the mid-size sedan an "attitude adjustment," thanks to a mixture of production and concept Mopar parts and accessories.
- Dodge Charger Deep Stage 3, Mopar injected up to 75 additional horsepower with the Mopar Scat Pack 3 Kit and then for good measure bolted on a selection of production and concept Mopar products to create a completely original, performance-driven version of the world's only four-door muscle car.
- Jeep Wrangler Red Rock Concept pays tribute to the Red Rock 4-Wheelers off-road club that hosts the annual Easter Jeep Safari in Moab, Utah. In celebration of the upcoming 50th annual Easter Jeep Safari, the Jeep brand will produce 50 serialized Jeep Wrangler Red Rock special-edition models in 2016, influenced by the Wrangler Red Rock Concept.
- Ram Rebel X, a full-size pickup outfitted with a catalog of Mopar production parts and accessories, adds an exclamation point to the all-terrain credentials of the Ram 1500 Rebel.
- Fiat 500X Chicane is a street-tuner vehicle, designed to buzz through urban areas with a concept Mopar fascia, body cladding and concept oversized 20-inch two-tone Satin Black and Gloss Black wheels.
FCA Interactive Displays
Attendees can experience a number of Jeep vehicles first-hand at Camp Jeep, the ultimate indoor off-road driving course. The 20,000-square-foot exhibit enables participants to experience the extreme off-road capabilities of Jeep vehicles. The course is comprised of several obstacles that simulate some of the rigorous testing that Jeep vehicles must endure to be Trail Rated, including ground clearance, traction, stability, break over, articulation and suspension.
"We have created this unique auto show opportunity to provide our customers with a memorable experience that no other manufacturer can offer," Mike Manley, Head of Jeep Brand – FCA Global, said. "The iconic Jeep brand offers an adventurous lifestyle and vehicles that deliver legendary 4x4 capabilities. Attendees will enjoy the Jeep experience first-hand on the show floor."
Since the debut of Camp Jeep in 2004, more than 1.5 million people have experienced the interactive off-road experience at more than 100 events in the United States. Camp Jeep has provided more than 292,000 test rides at the Chicago Auto Show since it debuted there in 2005. This will be Camp Jeep's 12th appearance at the Chicago Auto Show.
Attendees who ride on the Camp Jeep track will receive a Jeep 75th Anniversary souvenir cinch sack (as quantities remain). Participating riders also will be automatically entered into a FCA US national giveaway contest for a chance to win $45,000 toward any eligible FCA US vehicle.
Camp Jeep will be open during all press and public hours of the Chicago Auto Show beginning Thursday, Feb. 11. Camp Jeep participants 17 years and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and be at least 44 inches tall.
Chicago Auto Show attendees also will have the opportunity to experience the exciting drive capabilities of nine Chrysler, Dodge and FIAT vehicles on the indoor Drive Chicago test track, including:
- 200C AWD
- 200S AWD
- 300C Platinum
- Charger R/T Scat Pack
- Challenger R/T Scat Pack Shaker
- Durango R/T AWD
- 500X Trekking Plus
- 500X Lounge AWD
- 500 Abarth
Since 2005, the FCA US multi-brand track has provided more than 223,000 test rides at the Chicago Auto Show.
Participants will get a Chrysler, Dodge or FIAT Beanie Cap or a multi-brand tote bag branded with Chrysler, Dodge and FIAT logos (as quantities remain). The Drive Chicago test track will be open during all press and public hours of the Chicago Auto Show beginning Thursday, Feb. 11.
Pacifica Play Zone
The Chrysler brand will debut its Pacifica Play Zone at the 2016 Chicago Auto Show from Saturday, Feb. 13-Sunday, Feb. 21.
Pacifica Play Zone invites parents and their children to interact with the features of the all-new 2017 Chrysler Pacifica through immersive experiences at the Kids Zone Interactive Area. Key properties of the Pacifica Play Zone making it fun for the whole family include:
- Uconnect Game Center creates a larger-than-life interactive experience, lets guests play the new Uconnect games available in the all-new 2017 Chrysler Pacifica, including checkers, tic-tac-toe, bingo, math flash cards and hanging fruit, on an interactive wall with five 65-inch touch screens.
- Hands-free sliding doors: This display is the side of a Pacifica and enables people to walk up and experience the kick-wave technology on the sliding door.
- A 360-degree photo op gives every family the chance to take a picture of themselves in the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica against one of three selected backgrounds, including a moonscape.
- The Exterior Design Center invites adults and children to color and stylize their own image of the all-new 2017 Chrysler Pacific and share their own creation via social media.
- Uconnect Theater enables everyone to experience the 10-inch Uconnect Theater screens available in the second row of the vehicle
- A full Chrysler Pacifica dashboard lets attendees get to know the 8.4-inch radio, driver information display, steering wheel controls and other technology built into the dashboard.
Dodge Viper Racing Simulator
The Dodge Viper simulator is a virtual experience unlike any other. Attendees can sit inside a real Dodge Viper with all the typical functional controls, including gas, brake and clutch pedals, steering wheel, six-speed shifter with reverse, handbrake and gauges.
Directly in front of the Viper are three panoramic screens that display the virtual track experience. But better than other simulators, the Viper actually gives the driver the thrill of feeling what it's like to get behind the wheel of the 645-horsepower supercar. The Viper rolls side to side, lunges forward and back, and moves up and down based on driver input. The simulator also depicts things like road texture, engine vibrations and the jarring impact of collisions as drivers try to harness the power of the V-10 engine. The sound effects come in clearly through the premium in-car sound system, making the experience completely surreal and exhilarating via all senses.
About FCA US LLC
FCA US LLC is a North American automaker with a new name and a long history. Headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, FCA US is a member of the Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. (FCA) family of companies. FCA US designs, engineers, manufactures and sells vehicles under the Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram and FIAT brands, as well as the SRT performance vehicle designation. The company also distributes the Alfa Romeo 4C model and Mopar products. FCA US is building upon the historic foundations of Chrysler, the innovative American automaker first established by Walter P. Chrysler in 1925; and Fiat, founded in Italy in 1899 by pioneering entrepreneurs, including Giovanni Agnelli.
FCA, the seventh-largest automaker in the world based on total annual vehicle sales, is an international automotive group. FCA is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "FCAU" and on the Mercato Telematico Azionario under the symbol "FCA."
Follow FCA US news and video on:
FCA Content On Demand (COD): www.fcacod.com
Company blog: blog.fcanorthamerica.com
Company website: www.fcanorthamerica.com
Media website: media.fcanorthamerica.com
Twitter (Spanish): www.twitter.com/fcausespanol
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/fca-us-to-reveal-new-ram-truck-and-offer-multiple-exhibits-and-driving-experiences-at-the-2016-chicago-auto-show-300218099.html
SOURCE FCA US LLC