Your heart or your mind?

Gut, impulse, a feeling - these emotional signals come in handy for lots of things in life. But as neuroeconomics teaches us, they're not the right tools for money management. Try these quick investing brain teasers pitting your intuition against cold, hard logic. The answers may surprise you.

Score so far: 0 of 0 points
1. Which is the better investment strategy?
  • A. Gaining $300 for sure.
  • B. An 80% chance of gaining $400 with a 20% chance of gaining zero.
Get the latest Wall Street data. more

Most stock quote data provided by BATS. Market indices are shown in real time, except for the DJIA, which is delayed by two minutes. All times are ET. Disclaimer.

Morningstar: © 2014 Morningstar, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Factset: FactSet Research Systems Inc. 2014. All rights reserved.

Chicago Mercantile Association: Certain market data is the property of Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc. and its licensors. All rights reserved.

Dow Jones: The Dow Jones branded indices are proprietary to and are calculated, distributed and marketed by DJI Opco, a subsidiary of S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC and have been licensed for use to S&P Opco, LLC and CNN. Standard & Poor's and S&P are registered trademarks of Standard & Poor’s Financial Services LLC and Dow Jones is a registered trademark of Dow Jones Trademark Holdings LLC. All content of the Dow Jones branded indices © S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC 2014 and/or its affiliates.