By blocking cold air from entering your living areas, mud rooms cut your heating costs.
Regular maintenance of our air conditioner produces significant energy savings.
Programmable thermostats help manage your energy use.
Insulating water pipes is cheap, easy to do, and one of the best ways to save on energy costs.
A lot of heat is lost through poorly sealed windows; upgrading can help you save.
Compact fluorescent and LED lights cost more than regular lightbulbs, but they save money over the long run.
Collecting rainwater during stormy spring months will give you plenty to use on your lawn during the summer.
Water recycled from your drains can be used to water plants or wash your car.
Tankless boilers heat water on demand, saving energy.
Older appliances are very inefficient; newer models save both water and energy.
- Not your kids' tree house(01:54)
- Mets fan's T-shirts bring in six-figures(3:22)
- China's growth hits 3-year low(2:48)
- French buy up NYC real estate(2:50)
- JPMorgan cleans up 'London whale' mess(2:04)
- Why unemployment is worse than it looks(2:25)
- $1.6 million RV with two bedrooms(2:28)
- DuPont CEO: Farm jobs are stable(4:22)
- How the Avanti redefined auto design(2:38)
- Airlines: 1M jobs in next 20 years(1:55)
- Scion iQ: Lousy car, but cute(1:57)
- $3.5M water tower home in the sky(1:55)
- Pawn your Picasso, fund your biz(2:19)
- $199 Nexus 7 costs Google $184 to make(2:12)
- Olympians struggle to pay their bills(2:29)
- Business News
- Personal Finance
- Small Business