College students and recent graduates can get experience through internships, says Eric Yaverbaum of CollegeClickTV.com.
Most baby boomers have loaned money to their children, but many never get paid back.
Tips to help you pay for college without taking on excessive student debt.
In addition to outdoor activities and community service, Boy Scouts also learn personal finance and money management on the way to earning Eagle.
College funds averaged losses of almost 23% from July to November because of deep drops in the stock market.
Despite the recession students should apply to top private colleges, says expert Eric Yaverbaum; financial aid may be available.
- Not your kids' tree house(01:54)
- Mets fan's T-shirts bring in six-figures(3:22)
- China's growth hits 3-year low(2:48)
- French buy up NYC real estate(2:50)
- JPMorgan cleans up 'London whale' mess(2:04)
- Why unemployment is worse than it looks(2:25)
- $1.6 million RV with two bedrooms(2:28)
- DuPont CEO: Farm jobs are stable(4:22)
- How the Avanti redefined auto design(2:38)
- Airlines: 1M jobs in next 20 years(1:55)
- Scion iQ: Lousy car, but cute(1:57)
- $3.5M water tower home in the sky(1:55)
- Pawn your Picasso, fund your biz(2:19)
- $199 Nexus 7 costs Google $184 to make(2:12)
- Olympians struggle to pay their bills(2:29)
- Business News
- Personal Finance
- Small Business