Here are some of the best Martha moments, in no particular order:
1. She said her advisers told her: "Poor people don't do their laundry as often as rich people, so they don't want light colors," in the home decorating line she created for the discount store Kmart. They were wrong, Stewart said. The top-selling towel color that first year was white.
2. The reaction to her decision of selling to Kmart: "I paid the price for going mass very early on. The garden club of Greenwich canceled my speaking engagement."
3. When asked whether people really buy or need two enamel casserole dishes at opposite ends of the mall, Stewart replied: "They might have two houses."
Martha Stewart back in court
4. A lawyer for her company asked how she splits her time between the merchandizing and publishing divisions of her company, Stewart replied, "I did my time."
5. On the decision-making process before she went ahead with her Kmart collaboration: "That was a very difficult deal for me to sign. I lived in a pretty house with a pretty garden. I wrote about upscale things."
6. "They were buying polyester. They were buying designs that were really, really sad," she said, describing what the Kmart customer was buying before the retailer displayed her line.
7. A lawyer representing Macy's played a television advertisement in which Stewart was featured, and asked if that was her. "It looked like me," she said.
8. "I haven't been into the men's department at Saks lately," she said, when a lawyer asked if she considered that department a "mini-store" within Saks(SKS).
9. "I am the über designer," she said, before comparing herself to fashion designer Ralph Lauren.