MUMBAI -(Dow Jones)- Videocon Industries Ltd. (511389.BY) will be bidding for
Motorola Inc.'s (MOT) mobile handset business, its chairman said Tuesday.
"We will be bidding for Motorola's handset business, but at this point of time
I cannot give out the price or the value of the bid," Venugopal Dhoot, chairman
of Videocon told Dow Jones Newswires.
Last week Motorola, the world's number three maker of cellphones after Nokia
Corp. and Samsung Electronics Co., said it will split into two publicly traded
companies, carving off its cellphone business.
The announcement comes two months after the U.S. cellphone maker started a
strategic review to evaluate a spinoff or sale of the flagship handset division.
-By Raghavendra Upadhyaya; Dow Jones Newswires; 91 22 22884212;
(END) Dow Jones Newswires
Copyright (c) 2008 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.