At the outbreak of World War II, the car was reportedly taken off display in England at the request of the U.S. government and hidden away for years, not surfacing again until 1958. Since then, the car has passed through several owners.
While there is no paperwork or other evidence clearly tying this vehicle to Capone, RM Auctions president Ian Kelleher said he's sure this really was Capone's car.
In researching the car's history, Keller said, he has found the story consistent from each owner to the next. And no evidence has emerged to suggest that this car is anything other than what its owners have claimed.
|Chinese billionaire Wang Jianlin warns of 'biggest bubble in history'|
|Samsung washing machine owners warned after explosion reports|
|Alec Baldwin is the new Donald Trump on 'Saturday Night Live'|
|OPEC agrees to cut production; oil prices surge|
|Japan's female lawmakers are way behind Saudi Arabia's|