Just in time for summer, here are six of Fortune Small Business's favorite beach books, coming out in June, with special appeal for business owners.
This memoir could just as easily have been titled The Unlikely Entrepreneur, as Ralston goes from highflying Manhattan writer to founder and primary farmhand of the first lavender company in Texas. She battles scorpions, heat, and isolation but finds liberation through running a business. Hill Country Lavender has since spawned imitators, a lavender festival, and a flourishing summer economy for the town of Blanco.
NEXT: Out of Mao's Shadow
- Digital tip jar coming to a coffee shop near you
- How immigrant entrepreneurs are making it
- Ex-con launches startup aimed at inmates
- Free startup advice from Silicon Valley's best, including Marissa Mayer, Marc Andreessen
- Why Atlanta is ripe for innovation
- I'm a legal immigrant, but not allowed to work