$8 million from 16 investors
240 jobs (anticipated once plant is completed)
The Alabama Center for Foreign Investment helped land this deal to create a local manufacturing plant for homes, using financing from investors in China and Korea. However, a trade secrets lawsuit has slowed down the project, which is currently stalled.
- It's true. Everyone eats Chinese food on Christmas
- Here's where all the Jews are hanging out on Xmas eve
- Unilever lays an egg: Drops Just Mayo lawsuit
- Alternative lenders are hot -- especially among millennials
- Sell your holiday gift cards for cash
- Reddit cofounder: The next Google is one visa away from leaving U.S.