Since the opening of the Merc, Main Street started thriving and other rural towns began modeling Powell's success. In fact, there are days when parking spots are hard to find - just not today.
- Digital tip jar coming to a coffee shop near you
- How immigrant entrepreneurs are making it
- Ex-con launches startup aimed at inmates
- Free startup advice from Silicon Valley's best, including Marissa Mayer, Marc Andreessen
- Why Atlanta is ripe for innovation
- I'm a legal immigrant, but not allowed to work