In their backyard studios and workshops, these entrepreneurs create beautiful gear for the wild - and future generations.
Now the good news: American craftsmanship is thriving, and some of the most luxurious, lasting goods on the market come from independent businesses that employ - and often are owned by - talented artisans. Here's a look at three small firms whose handcrafted outdoor gear will take you and your great-grandchildren through the wilderness in style.
NEXT: Oyster Bamboo's Fly Rods
- Airline stocks slump after Spain terror attacks
- Stocks: 5 things to know before the bell
- Machines, not Americans, could replace immigrant labor
- James Murdoch slams Trump: 'There are no good Nazis'
- 'Evil strikes again' -- Media reacts to Barcelona attack
- Top Indian tech CEO quits over 'malicious' attacks