Whether you want to hit the trails, get some exercise or just commute to work, there's a bike custom-built for you. Here are five sets of wheels -- all by American artisans -- for five different types of riders.
La Selva Beach, Calif.
In 2005, Craig Calfee began crafting bikes from the bamboo that grew behind his shop outside Santa Cruz, Calif. Since then, Calfee's heat-treated bamboo models have won a slew of awards at the North American Handmade Bicycle Show and become collector's items.
While light, the bikes are far from fragile -- they handle gnarly trails and potholed city streets with equal aplomb.
NEXT: The road warrior
- Why the auto tariffs would be bad for America
- Netflix is now worth more than Disney and Comcast
- How Starbucks will train its staff to be less biased
- Stocks sink after Trump cancels North Korea summit
- Trump campaign manager, RNC chair ask social media companies for guarantees they won't censor conservative content
- GDPR is here: What you need to know about Europe's new data law