Whether you want to hit the trails, get some exercise or just commute to work, there's a bike custom-built for you. Here are five sets of wheels -- all by American artisans -- for five different types of riders.
La Selva Beach, Calif.
In 2005, Craig Calfee began crafting bikes from the bamboo that grew behind his shop outside Santa Cruz, Calif. Since then, Calfee's heat-treated bamboo models have won a slew of awards at the North American Handmade Bicycle Show and become collector's items.
While light, the bikes are far from fragile -- they handle gnarly trails and potholed city streets with equal aplomb.
NEXT: The road warrior
- Trump promises insurers a 'fantastic plan'
- 12 in a row: Dow matches longest streak of records ever
- Border adjustment tax: What you need to know
- SpaceX to fly two space tourists around the moon in 2018
- Buffett: Market not in a bubble, still looks 'cheap'
- You had one job: The firm behind the Oscars blunder