What it offers: 36-hour sales of up to 90% off luxury fashion and beauty items. Frequent giveaways include handbags, concert tickets, vacations
Who's selling: Some 400 brands, including Oscar de la Renta, Christian Dior, Michael Kors
Background: Founded in June 2007 in New York City by Paul Hurley (former CEO of Aveo) and Mark Uhrmacher (former vice president at Expert Foods)
Members: Nearly 1 million
2008 revenues: $10 million
Projected 2009 revenues: $50 million-plus
- You get $500K. But first you have to move to Ohio.
- Take a weed break at work. It's allowed!
- These startups are heading to Richard Branson's private island
- 49 schools are getting this 3D carving machine for free
- She's only 33 and has 9 successful restaurants
- She left Iran at 14 and now runs a multimillion-dollar firm