The solar electricity system powers Google's Mountain View campus and generates enough energy to power 1,000 typical California homes. The Pasadena firm says that the project required 9,212 solar panels from Sharp Electronics.
NEXT: Propeller power
- Digital tip jar coming to a coffee shop near you
- How immigrant entrepreneurs are making it
- Ex-con launches startup aimed at inmates
- Free startup advice from Silicon Valley's best, including Marissa Mayer, Marc Andreessen
- Why Atlanta is ripe for innovation
- I'm a legal immigrant, but not allowed to work