President, Independent Artists
I have been profitable and responsible for 19 years. This month, 60% of my orders have been cancelled.
This will be the first time I have to lay off staff. Many of them have been employed with 100% health benefits and a good income for over 10 years. They work hard and I feel awful I will not be able to keep them. This has been the most difficult period for small business I have ever witnessed.
NEXT: Less sales, less staff
- Digital tip jar coming to a coffee shop near you
- How immigrant entrepreneurs are making it
- Ex-con launches startup aimed at inmates
- Free startup advice from Silicon Valley's best, including Marissa Mayer, Marc Andreessen
- Why Atlanta is ripe for innovation
- I'm a legal immigrant, but not allowed to work