OYO Geospace's stock price fell to a low of $9 earlier this year, down more than 80% from its year-earlier mark. It's already begun rebounding, posting steady gains through June, but at a recent price of $25, OYOG is still selling for half of what it fetched a year ago.
At this level, "this is an extremely cheap stock," says Randy Bateman of Huntington Situs. He thinks oil prices will inevitably rise when our supplies dwindle.
"Renewable energy only makes up about 2% of the energy we use, so fossil fuels still have to be a viable part of the equation," Bateman says. Once the cycle turns, OYO Geospace should prosper. "It's still an old boys' network, and these guys are very well respected in the business."
- We asked for your Toys 'R' Us memories. Hundreds of you replied.
- The stunning downfall of Bear Stearns and its bridge-playing CEO
- 10 years after the financial crisis, have we learned anything?
- Despite record profits, banks are playing the victim
- Europe reveals long list of US exports it could hit
- Snapchat loses $800 million after Rihanna responds to offensive ad