Owner, Graphics Factory
St. George, Utah
I had an online-only business selling clip art, and just this year I opened a brick-and-mortar storefront for printing. I was thinking that canvas prints for families would be a hot item this holiday, but so far, I've had a hard time getting people to come in and look around.
I've already cut a lot of costs, laying off all my employees and reducing prices. After a slow September, a typically busy time when many schools order banners, I'm not feeling confident. If the consumer spending gets worse, I may need to relocate to a building where my lease is cheaper or go back to being an online-only establishment.
NEXT: 'Bracing for a train wreck'
- Ex-con launches startup aimed at inmates
- Free startup advice from Silicon Valley's best, including Marissa Mayer, Marc Andreessen
- Why Atlanta is ripe for innovation
- I'm a legal immigrant, but not allowed to work
- 6 designers shaking up fashion
- Women have trouble asking for money -- and their businesses suffer