Tickle the senses
Next, head to Cafe Van Kleef. There you can sip a greyhound, made with vodka and fresh grapefruit, listen to live jazz and ask owner Peter Van Kleef about the antiques and circus memorabilia that cover every surface. Intoxicating, peculiar and tons of edgy fun: That's Oakland all over.
- Mass shootings don't boost gun sales anymore
- Bill Gates flunks Ellen's grocery shopping challenge
- U.S. women's hockey fought for better pay. Now they're fighting for gold
- Should I follow Warren Buffett's 90/10 strategy?
- Coal country shouldn't count on a Trump-fueled comeback
- Many Volkswagen workers will get 45 vacation days