Tickle the senses
Next, head to Cafe Van Kleef. There you can sip a greyhound, made with vodka and fresh grapefruit, listen to live jazz and ask owner Peter Van Kleef about the antiques and circus memorabilia that cover every surface. Intoxicating, peculiar and tons of edgy fun: That's Oakland all over.
- Ex-con launches startup aimed at inmates
- Free startup advice from Silicon Valley's best, including Marissa Mayer, Marc Andreessen
- Why Atlanta is ripe for innovation
- I'm a legal immigrant, but not allowed to work
- 6 designers shaking up fashion
- Women have trouble asking for money -- and their businesses suffer