Tickle the senses
Next, head to Cafe Van Kleef. There you can sip a greyhound, made with vodka and fresh grapefruit, listen to live jazz and ask owner Peter Van Kleef about the antiques and circus memorabilia that cover every surface. Intoxicating, peculiar and tons of edgy fun: That's Oakland all over.
- You get $500K. But first you have to move to Ohio.
- Take a weed break at work. It's allowed!
- These startups are heading to Richard Branson's private island
- 49 schools are getting this 3D carving machine for free
- She's only 33 and has 9 successful restaurants
- She left Iran at 14 and now runs a multimillion-dollar firm