Tickle the senses
Next, head to Cafe Van Kleef. There you can sip a greyhound, made with vodka and fresh grapefruit, listen to live jazz and ask owner Peter Van Kleef about the antiques and circus memorabilia that cover every surface. Intoxicating, peculiar and tons of edgy fun: That's Oakland all over.
- Insurer's Obamacare exit could strand thousands
- Candidate charged after alleged assault on reporter
- Twitter erupts over GOP candidate's alleged attack
- CBO: 23M fewer insured under House GOP bill
- 10 airports testing extra screening for tablets, e-readers
- Sean Hannity's conspiracy theory puts pressure on Fox