End the night by taking in Oakland's strangest restaurant and its most bizarre bar. Old Weang Ping in East Oakland (6217 MacArthur Blvd.; 510-430-8771) sits on a street corner so sketchy that the owners keep the front door locked. Once you knock and enter, you'll discover a husband-and-wife operation that's worth the trip for the made-anyway-you-like-it Thai food -- the kitschy jungle decor doesn't hurt either.
NEXT: Tickle the senses
- Trump wants to cancel Air Force One order
- LeBron James won't stay at Trump's NYC hotel
- Chipotle's E. coli woes might not be over
- Trump to interview ExxonMobil CEO for secretary of state
- America's trade deficit grows at fastest pace in 19 months
- How Ohio's gamble on self-driving trucks could backfire