End the night by taking in Oakland's strangest restaurant and its most bizarre bar. Old Weang Ping in East Oakland (6217 MacArthur Blvd.; 510-430-8771) sits on a street corner so sketchy that the owners keep the front door locked. Once you knock and enter, you'll discover a husband-and-wife operation that's worth the trip for the made-anyway-you-like-it Thai food -- the kitschy jungle decor doesn't hurt either.
NEXT: Tickle the senses
- You get $500K. But first you have to move to Ohio.
- Take a weed break at work. It's allowed!
- These startups are heading to Richard Branson's private island
- 49 schools are getting this 3D carving machine for free
- She's only 33 and has 9 successful restaurants
- She left Iran at 14 and now runs a multimillion-dollar firm