End the night by taking in Oakland's strangest restaurant and its most bizarre bar. Old Weang Ping in East Oakland (6217 MacArthur Blvd.; 510-430-8771) sits on a street corner so sketchy that the owners keep the front door locked. Once you knock and enter, you'll discover a husband-and-wife operation that's worth the trip for the made-anyway-you-like-it Thai food -- the kitschy jungle decor doesn't hurt either.
NEXT: Tickle the senses
- Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia dies at 79
- How Silicon Valley is dealing with mental illness
- Trump: I'll do interview with Univision's Jorge Ramos
- Intel is changing how we watch sports forever
- 'Zoolander No. 2' hopes to have a pretty box office
- Valentine's Day at White Castle: Not as bad as it sounds