End the night by taking in Oakland's strangest restaurant and its most bizarre bar. Old Weang Ping in East Oakland (6217 MacArthur Blvd.; 510-430-8771) sits on a street corner so sketchy that the owners keep the front door locked. Once you knock and enter, you'll discover a husband-and-wife operation that's worth the trip for the made-anyway-you-like-it Thai food -- the kitschy jungle decor doesn't hurt either.
NEXT: Tickle the senses
- Oil prices could keep rising. Here's why
- Will Amazon's winning streak continue?
- 6 new Gmail features worth trying -- and how to get them now
- Goldman Sachs warns against falling in love with stock buybacks
- Pepsi vs. Coke -- the new cola wars are here
- Chipotle stock soars nearly 10%, thanks to price hikes and new stores