End the night by taking in Oakland's strangest restaurant and its most bizarre bar. Old Weang Ping in East Oakland (6217 MacArthur Blvd.; 510-430-8771) sits on a street corner so sketchy that the owners keep the front door locked. Once you knock and enter, you'll discover a husband-and-wife operation that's worth the trip for the made-anyway-you-like-it Thai food -- the kitschy jungle decor doesn't hurt either.
NEXT: Tickle the senses
- GE says goodbye to another business
- Campbell Soup is piping hot after reported interest from Kraft Heinz
- Trade war fears spread to tech and Dow sheds 328 points
- McDonald's and Starbucks hit by plastics ban in India
- Toys 'R' Us will close for good this week
- Instagram star isn't what she seems. But brands are buying in