This west coast port city has way more to offer than its reputation suggests.
On your way in from the Oakland airport, pull off Interstate 880 to decompress at By Numi Tea Garden. Created in 2007 by the brother-and-sister team behind the popular Numi brand of teas, it's an oasis of Zenlike calm. The servers, who are attentive and knowledgeable, provide a brewing timer with every pot. The Wi-Fi is free, as are the sample teas in the barrel by the door.
NEXT: Historic stays
- America's cereal, soda and soup companies are in turmoil
- Gas prices are up 31% from last Memorial Day. Here's why
- How to make sure your Amazon Echo doesn't send secret recordings
- How an Alexa speaker recorded and shared a private conversation
- SoulCycle isn't going public -- for now
- How Starbucks will train its staff to be less biased