This west coast port city has way more to offer than its reputation suggests.
On your way in from the Oakland airport, pull off Interstate 880 to decompress at By Numi Tea Garden. Created in 2007 by the brother-and-sister team behind the popular Numi brand of teas, it's an oasis of Zenlike calm. The servers, who are attentive and knowledgeable, provide a brewing timer with every pot. The Wi-Fi is free, as are the sample teas in the barrel by the door.
NEXT: Historic stays
- Sunny days for the economy can't last forever
- 5G helps make Pyeongchang most high-tech Olympics ever
- Olympic figure skater Adam Rippon pulls out of NBC gig
- SpaceX's plan for high-speed internet is moving closer to reality
- Check world stock markets
- 'Black Panther' brings in a record-breaking box office weekend