This west coast port city has way more to offer than its reputation suggests.
On your way in from the Oakland airport, pull off Interstate 880 to decompress at By Numi Tea Garden. Created in 2007 by the brother-and-sister team behind the popular Numi brand of teas, it's an oasis of Zenlike calm. The servers, who are attentive and knowledgeable, provide a brewing timer with every pot. The Wi-Fi is free, as are the sample teas in the barrel by the door.
NEXT: Historic stays
- Fed raises interest rates in Powell's debut
- Self-driving cars are already really safe
- The case for Facebook: Is Wall Street overreacting to data scandal?
- Analyst's blistering critique of Fox News draws praise
- Watch: This robotic fish spies on real fish
- 1.3 million UK health care workers are getting their first raise since 2010