This west coast port city has way more to offer than its reputation suggests.
On your way in from the Oakland airport, pull off Interstate 880 to decompress at By Numi Tea Garden. Created in 2007 by the brother-and-sister team behind the popular Numi brand of teas, it's an oasis of Zenlike calm. The servers, who are attentive and knowledgeable, provide a brewing timer with every pot. The Wi-Fi is free, as are the sample teas in the barrel by the door.
NEXT: Historic stays
- It's true. Everyone eats Chinese food on Christmas
- Here's where all the Jews are hanging out on Xmas eve
- Unilever lays an egg: Drops Just Mayo lawsuit
- Alternative lenders are hot -- especially among millennials
- Sell your holiday gift cards for cash
- Reddit cofounder: The next Google is one visa away from leaving U.S.