This west coast port city has way more to offer than its reputation suggests.
On your way in from the Oakland airport, pull off Interstate 880 to decompress at By Numi Tea Garden. Created in 2007 by the brother-and-sister team behind the popular Numi brand of teas, it's an oasis of Zenlike calm. The servers, who are attentive and knowledgeable, provide a brewing timer with every pot. The Wi-Fi is free, as are the sample teas in the barrel by the door.
NEXT: Historic stays
- You get $500K. But first you have to move to Ohio.
- Take a weed break at work. It's allowed!
- These startups are heading to Richard Branson's private island
- 49 schools are getting this 3D carving machine for free
- She's only 33 and has 9 successful restaurants
- She left Iran at 14 and now runs a multimillion-dollar firm