Ft Lauderdale, Fla.
Our small, seven-year-old business has been applying for a bank credit line throughout the last four years without success, even with broker assistance. Every time we applied, either the rules had changed, the bank lost our paperwork or needed more info, or would not give a reason why we were not approved.
To fund expansion we have been forced to use credit card advances with interest rates of 30% and up, which can kill you. We finally did get approval for a bank credit line at reasonable rates, but only for a very small amount - we have $20,000 in credit for a business doing $800,000 in sales and growing 100% per year. It's pretty ridiculous.
- Digital tip jar coming to a coffee shop near you
- How immigrant entrepreneurs are making it
- Ex-con launches startup aimed at inmates
- Free startup advice from Silicon Valley's best, including Marissa Mayer, Marc Andreessen
- Why Atlanta is ripe for innovation
- I'm a legal immigrant, but not allowed to work