The economy today makes it really rough on all businesses, and if you can't change with the flow of things you may end up out of business real fast.
I own an interior/exterior accessories online store. I just re-opened as all of this mess started - and I can't blame people, if I were losing my home I wouldn't be decorating it either. Fortunately, my catalog has much more than just home decor in it. Once in a while I can sell gifts for special occasions, and I sell wholesale.
I write in my spare time, which I seem to have more and more of lately. I have a friend who lives with me and pays the bills. I am very blessed in that. But like everyone else, we find it very hard, and we aren't able to pay all of the bills every month. If I had gotten a bricks-and-mortar shop like I was going to, we'd be bankrupt and living on the streets right now.
NEXT: Gayle Walsh - Worst downturn in years
- This is the biggest mystery in the U.S. economy
- Remembering the worst day in Wall Street history
- New employee perk: $100 a month for your student loans
- Tesla's Model 3 gets early boost from Consumer Reports
- 401(k) contribution limit will rise to $18,500 next year
- Tech companies hindering criminal investigations